For Sale: Beautiful, immaculately maintained one-bedroom, fifth floor co-op in a well-maintained, elevator, prewar Tudor-style apartment building in lovely Kew Gardens - on 116th Street just off Metropolitan Avenue.
- Large true 1BR (600 sq. ft) in beautiful condition
- Newly renovated kitchen with all new appliances
- Newly renovated bathroom
- Close to transport (LIRR, E/F train, J/Z train)
- Easy access to major highways like the Van Wyck Expressway, Jackie Robinson Parkway, LIE, Northern State and Grand Central Pkwy
- 17 minutes to Manhattan on LIRR
- Wonderfully maintained, Tudor-style, prewar building in one of NYC's safest, most gorgeous neighborhoods
- 1 minute walk to Forest Park
- 5 minute drive to great shopping at Stop & Shop, Trader Joe's, Home Depot, Sports Authority + local stores and groceries a 2 minute walk around the corner including 24-hour grocery, pharmacy, dry cleaning, TD Bank)
- Street parking readily available, never have to pay to park your car again
- 10 minutes to JFK (one stop to AirTrain on LIRR); 12 minutes to LGA
Apartment is equipped with a brand new kitchen with ample cabinet space, oiled hardwood butcher-block countertops, stainless steel gas range and oven, dishwasher and built-in microwave, ceramic apron sink and marble backsplash. Two large rooms with high ceilings allow for a variety of layouts and decorating options. Renovated bathroom has new pedestal sink, towel rack and shelving. Big bedroom features cavernous and newly renovated walk-in closet that can accommodate large wardrobe. Apartment is on fifth floor of six-story, elevator building and receives excellent sunlight all day. Building is well-maintained and recently completed a full renovation of basement laundry room and replacement of roof.
Excellent shopping on Metropolitan Avenue where supermarkets offer some of the best prices and selection of fresh produce in all of NYC. Trader Joe's, Stop & Shop, Home Depot, Staples and Sports Authority are a five minute car/MTA bus ride away. Just a block from Forest Park, one of NYC's hidden gems, which features untouched old growth forest that offers hiking and running trails, horseback riding and mountain biking.
Kew Gardens is one of the safest and most scenic neighborhoods in Queens a treasure trove of historic architecture, striking prewar Tudor style apartment buildings and residential homes and quiet tree lined streets. This apartment has excellent access to both public and vehicular transportation. Walk to the E/F subway stop at Union Turnpike in 12 minutes. The J/Z subway line is also 12 minutes away. A 6-minute walk gets you to the Long Island Railroad Kew Gardens Station stop, which offers a 17-minute ride to Penn Station and numerous options for rush hour trains.
The Jackie Robinson Parkway starts in Kew Gardens, giving speedy access to Brooklyn. Major arteries such as Queens Boulevard, the Van Wyck Expressway, the Long Island Expressway, the Belt Parkway, Grand Central and Union Turnpike are minutes away. JFK Airport is 10 minutes away by car and quickly accessible by AirTrain, which is one LIRR stop away from Kew at Jamaica. LaGuardia airport is also very close: about 12 minutes by car.
Maintenance is a low $540 per month, 50% tax deductible
Asking price is $145,000